Tuesday 7 January 2014

Wellness Wednesday - a short walk


For a week during the festive season we dog sat for a lovely little King's Charles Spaniel. This meant a daily walk. Our little guest is friendly, keen and loves her morning walk so every day for a whole week I put on my sunglasses, a hat and a bit of sunblock and off we went.

She enjoys a twenty minute fast walk in the local area, as we live one road away from a lovely park. By the time we were walking back to the house her pace had slowed a little and so had mine. She showed me how to really enjoy a walk, stopping to look and enjoy various trees, although not in quite the same way.

After the first few days I started to look forward to the walks as much as she did. This shouldn't have surprised me as there is lots of evidence about the benefits of walking, even a short daily walk of just twenty minutes. By the time she went home I had decided that I would continue my daily walk however it might be a bit lonely without her.

Thank goodness for technology and the ability to listen to music with such ease. I dug out my ipod and with the help of one of my children, I now have literally hundreds of songs to listen to. Without any cost or fuss I can enjoy the benefits of a daily walk, enjoying being outside and moving.


If you would like more information on the benefits of walking there is lots to check out including:
http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/stories/8-astonishing-benefits-of-walking

Looking forward to hearing all about your walking stories, so please comment below.

warmest wishes
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment